Contact | Terms and conditions | © copyright

Expatriate Management
Working in France
Working in Iceland
Working in Italy
Working in Latvia
Working in Macedonia
Working in Portugal
Working in Romania
Working in Spain
The Economy
Immigration offices
European citizens
Non Europeans citizens
Who needs a Visa for coming to Spain?
Recognition of professional qualifications
Education system
Spain: Planning to study in Spain
Social Insurance
Spain: Working Culture
Housing in Spain
Application forms
Useful links for Spain
Working in Croatia
Working in Argentina
Working in Brazil
Working in Chile
Working in Japan
Working in Mexico
About consulting
Useful weblinks
Residence more than 3 months
The citizens of a Member State of the EU or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area are entitled to reside in Spain for a period exceeding three months if they are in any of the following assumptions:

-Employees or self-employed in Spain.

-They are enrolled in a public or private institution accredited or financed by the education authorities with the main purpose of study and has health insurance covering risks in Spain.

-Also ensure they have sufficient resources for themselves and family members.

-Family members accompanying or going to meet with a citizen of a member state of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area that meets the conditions specified in any of the above.

Interested parties are obliged to apply personally at the Immigration Bureau of the province if they want to stay or obtain the residence. If that is not possible the interested parties will have to apply to the Police Station, registered at the Central Registry of Foreigners.

The application (EX-18) must be done within three months from the date of entry in Spain and immediately the applicator will receive a registration certificate which shall contain: the name, nationality, address, the ID number and the date of registration.

In regard to economic means, you cannot set a fixed amount, but should take into account the personal situation of nationals of a Member State of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Europe.
Important note
All non-EU public documents must be previously legalized and, if necessary, must be translated into Spanish or official language of the territory where the application is submitted.
For information on this subject, consult:Spanish Government
consulting GmbH

+43 (1) 89 22 544
+43 (1) 30 88 133

+43 (1) 30 88 144