Contact | Terms and conditions | © copyright

Expatriate Management
Working in France
Working in Iceland
Working in Italy
EU citizens
Non-EU citizens
Types of Visas
Health Care System
Education System
Professional Recognition
Housing in Italy
Taxes & Work Regime
Foreign Investment
Application forms
Useful links
Working in Latvia
Working in Macedonia
Working in Portugal
Working in Romania
Working in Spain
Working in Croatia
Working in Argentina
Working in Brazil
Working in Chile
Working in Japan
Working in Mexico
About consulting
Useful weblinks
EU citizens who stay in Italy for a period exceeding three months

EU citizens staying in Italy for a period exceeding three months, must have health insurance or be enrolled in the Italian National Health Service.

How to register in the National Health Service?
Go to the Local Health Authority (ASL) nearest (Italian only)

The documents to be submitted:
- a valid identity document;
- certification of residence;
- Italian tax identification number;
- a certificate of family status if you want to get the benefits for your spouse or children;

After registration, the citizen choose a general practitioners and, if he has children under six years old, a pediatrician, to which he can ask for free if needed.
To citizen and his every family member will be assigned a number of public health and receive a health card valid for one year which must be constantly renewed, and if you lose or change an address, you must request a new one.
Once we receive the medical card will be shown at public health facility or agreement to require the cures they need.
The service is direct and therefore nothing is due, except the payment of any ticket that is not refundable.
Brochure about Italian Health Service published on Ministry of Health website in Italian, Albanian, Arabic, Chinese, French, English, Romanian, Spanish and Ukrainian languages

consulting GmbH

+43 (1) 89 22 544
+43 (1) 30 88 133

+43 (1) 30 88 144