Contact | Terms and conditions | © copyright

Expatriate Management
Working in France
Working in Iceland
Working in Italy
Working in Latvia
Working in Macedonia
Working in Portugal
Working in Romania
Working in Spain
The Economy
Immigration offices
European citizens
Non Europeans citizens
Who needs a Visa for coming to Spain?
Recognition of professional qualifications
Education system
Spain: Planning to study in Spain
Social Insurance
Spain: Working Culture
Housing in Spain
Application forms
Useful links for Spain
Working in Croatia
Working in Argentina
Working in Brazil
Working in Chile
Working in Japan
Working in Mexico
About consulting
Useful weblinks
Who needs a Visa for coming to Spain?

You might need a visa for entering Spain, depending on your nationality. That is why, it is so important to know the requirements due to they change frequently.
In this section, we will help you to find out whether you need a visa and how to apply for it.

Citizens of the European Union are not required to get a visa since they already have the right to residency. In order to officially remain resident in Spain you have to apply for NIE (Número de Identidad de Extranjero) and a residence card (Tarjeta de Residence Comunitario).

Non-EU citizens visiting Spain need a visa in order to enter and visit Spain, unless there exists a special agreement between Spain and your home country; these countries are those of North & South America in addition to: Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Gibraltar, Grenada, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia and Switzerland.

If you are one of these nationalities, you can enter Spain without a visa and stay for up to 90 days in any 6-month period.

Even if you are not required to get a visa, everyone has to apply for NIE (Número de Identidad de Extranjero) and a residence card (Tarjeta de Residence Comunitario).
Where and how to get a Visa?
Types of Visas
You need to obtain the Visa prior leaving your home country. Once you have landed in Spain, it is too late.
consulting GmbH

+43 (1) 89 22 544
+43 (1) 30 88 133

+43 (1) 30 88 144