Contact | Terms and conditions | © copyright

Expatriate Management
Working in France
Working in Iceland
Working in Italy
Working in Latvia
Working in Macedonia
Working in Portugal
Working in Romania
Working in Spain
Working in Croatia
Working in Argentina
Working in Brazil
Working in Chile
Chile: The Economy
Chile: Types of Visa
Chile: Paperwork needed
Immigration offices
Recognition of the studies
Education in Chile
Health care
Housing in Chile
Entrepeneur in Chile
Business strategies in Chile
Application forms
Useful Links for Chile
Working in Japan
Working in Mexico
About consulting
Useful weblinks
Paperwork needed
Which document do I need to enter Chile?

If you are thinking of moving to Chile for an expatriation process, you should first visit a Chilean consulate, because depending on which country you come from you will need or not a visa to enter Chile.

The visa for foreigners is only processed in Chilean Consulates abroad.

The cost of a Visa depends also on the nationality of the expatriate.

Travelers will all need a passport valid for at least 6 months after they depart.
Citizens from the US, Canada, Australia, and most Western European countries do not need a visa, but a visa reciprocity fee is required, payable in U.S. Dollars or by credit card.
This fee is due upon arrival to the international airport in Santiago, Chile.

All tourists entering Chile need to provide a stamped visa and a valid passport, except for travelers from Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay and Peru who can use their national ID cards instead.

On arrival, Chile's International Police issues visitors with an individual, non-transferable Tourist Card,which is valid for 90 days.
The Tourist Card can be renewed for another 90 days through immigration upon payment of a fee, while requests for further extensions must be submitted to a regional branch of the immigration department.

Travelers must keep the card with them throughout their stay and present it to the International Police when they leave the country.

No diplomatic relations
Reciprocity taxes
Tourist Permits
Residence Permits
consulting GmbH

+43 (1) 89 22 544
+43 (1) 30 88 133

+43 (1) 30 88 144