Contact | Terms and conditions | © copyright

Expatriate Management
Working in France
Working in Iceland
Working in Italy
Working in Latvia
Working in Macedonia
Working in Portugal
Working in Romania
Working in Spain
Working in Croatia
Working in Argentina
Working in Brazil
Working in Chile
Working in Japan
Immigration offices
Visa information
Education in Japan
Health Care and other Insurance
Housing in Japan
Business strategies
Application forms
Useful links
Working in Mexico
About consulting
Useful weblinks
Health Care System

If you are fully employed by a Japanese firm, the company will cover the health and pension insurance. (JP: shakai hoken)

If you are self-employed than you can join the national Japanese health insurance. (JP: kokumin hoken)

To register into the health insurance visit the local city hall. Depending on your duration of your stay and your health condition foreign-health insurance might be more reasonable. But not all hospitals accept foreign insurances.

If you rent a flat in Japan often it is mandatory to sign up a householder's insurance policy. Further we recommend casualty insurance. Your national casualty insurance of your home country might not be applicable in Japan.
consulting GmbH

+43 (1) 89 22 544
+43 (1) 30 88 133

+43 (1) 30 88 144