looking beyond borders...
Who Needs a Visa?
1. Citizens of foreign countries travelling to Brazil on tourism are normally required to obtain a visa prior to entering Brazil. This requirement complies with reciprocity toward countries that demand Brazilian citizens to hold a visa in order to enter into their territories.
2. Citizens of countries that do not demand tourist visas from Brazilian nationals usually do not need tourist visas to enter Brazil.
If you are going to visit Brazil on tourism, you do not need a visa if you have a passport from one of the following countries (exemptions are valid for stays up to 90 days).
Click and find a list of the countries whose nationals do not require a tourist visa to visit Brazil.
The entry of foreigners in Brazil depends on the visa obtained abroad at the Brazilian Consulate.
The passport issued by the competent authority of the country of nationality of the citizen is the valid travel document and identity abroad.
Click to check the countries visa regime for the Entry of Foreigners in Brazil.
Necessary documentation common to all visas:
- A valid passport - original, with the expiration date at least 6 months after the intended date of arrival in Brazil;
- The International Immunization Certificate against yellow fever will only be required from international travellers coming from countries which pose a risk of international dissemination. Currently there are no countries posing such risk. (Please see FAQ 1402 at www.anvisa.gov.br). Nevertheless, yellow fever vaccination is recommended if applicant intends to visit one of the following regions in Brazil: Acre, Amapá, Amazonas, Federal District, Goiás, Maranhão, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Pará, Rondônia, Roraima, Tocantins;
- For children aged between 3 months and 6 years, proof of vaccination against polio is compulsory (vaccination booklet from local clinic or letter from GP);
- 1 Visa Application Form per applicant, completely filled online, dated and signed;
- Visa applicants must set up an individual appointment on the Consulate/Embassy to deliver the visa applications previously filled out online.
+43 (1) 89 22 544
+43 (1) 30 88 133
+43 (1) 30 88 144